Monday, March 7, 2011

Who knew


I thought I would categorize myself as a more modern quilter. Something edgy with lots of colors and patterns (bring 'em on- the more the merrier). Today I had the opportunity to make a more traditional block (actually blocks) for another quilter, Fairly Merry- in our Christmas Quilting Bee exchange. WHAT you say, Christmas already- hey, you can never plan too far in advance. Mary ( aka Fairly Merry)  chose a Russian inspired  block and even provided the pattern and then went to the awesome trouble of cutting all the fabric, which actually made the sewing of her 2 blocks rather fun. Here are the results. I did learn a better way to handle geese and  always, I'd love to know what you think. 

Russian Christmas, 2 blocks side by side





1 comment:

  1. hi stephanie! please email me your scrap swap info (see my blog) .. thanks!

    sara

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….