Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3 little bears

They look cute in the snow! I made these bears for a friend who was sending her 3 daughters off on a school trip (I also made one for my daughter who was going on the same trip). We hid them in their luggage so they would find them when they arrived and were (perhaps) missing home- or not! Each bear has a little pocket that a wee message would fit into. I bought the pattern for the bears at Denver's Sewing Expo. It's by Bunny Hill Design. I am submitting this cute trio to Quilt Story's -Fabric Tuesday.  and The Creative Itch. You can click on the links on their blogs and go see some other amazing submissions. Or... you can click on the Fabric Tuesday button  and the Creative Itch button on the right side bar of my blog.

7 comments:

  1. Cute! When I was in 8th grade we took a trip to Washington DC, and we were there over Easter. My mom was good friends with one of my teachers, so I had a fun surprise at my door on Easter morning. I will never forget that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'm genuinely tempted to make one secretly for my daughter, who has a full on addiction to stuffed toys! Thanks for linking up, and your quilting skills are really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! They are just so adorable! Your idea to put a message with them is wonderful!
    Thank you for your lovely comment! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute teddies and fun idea. My boys are going on a school camp in a week but I guess they are too old for bears at 15 - shame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah!! So sweet!! What a great little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bears - Looking all snuggly in the snow.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….