Thursday, March 10, 2011

I hate to do this but......it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all....


I know I know, the song has been over done, however in some instances, it is the gosh darn truth. True story, I participated in a really cool scrap swap organized by a very busy quilter, Sara at  Sew Sara. She had LOTS of quilters and crafters sign up and agree to share scraps with strangers from all around the world no less.  So, I got my swap partner yesterday (Kelly Miller) and guess what, she lives in Denver, CO (my home "town") and we are meeting today to swap our scraps! No mailing (sorry USPS).  So, I broke my scraps out of their dreary envelope and decided to make a little fabric sack to send them away in.
cute chicken sack and my scraps-to-go

I used the cute tutorial from Purl Soho but didn't cut the corners (so if Kelly wants, she can undo the stitching in the sack and use that fabric too!!!!).  I stuffed it full of scraps.....

I'm stuffed

and added a treat or 2 (I don't want to ruin the surprise). Next it's off to Starbucks to meet my swap partner. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. what fun - love the sack - that is actually my girlfriend's favourite material and I use it to make her little surprises! happy stitching and enjoy your swapping date

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! What kind of surprises do you make with that cute fabric?

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….