Saturday, August 2, 2014

July oh how I love you


A bit of a take a breather month, only 2 active Bee's/swaps which is good, because I got to step away from Quilting for a bit and tried some other sewing. Nothing for me however, although I was hoping to make a skirt of 2 to wear this summer (better hurry up on that one).


The Birthday Bandy Swap: for Mariana


The whole package of stuff: Round embroidery pouch, embroidery hoop, threads in rainbow palette, needles and transfer paper. Hexie paper, fabric and thread. Small hoop pin cushion.
small hoop pin cushion and pins
Embroidery hoop bag, front (with economy block pieced sewing machine)
embroidery hoop bag back, with pieced hexies


Gifts for new friends in Bolivia

Funky chicken pot holders and dish towels.
and this great roomy and fun to sew Cooper Bag by Colette Patterns, purchased with the bag hard wear  (brilliant)! The pattern allows you to select from 3 finish styles, cross-body/backpack and satchel. I went with the cross body option.

my first rivets

I really love the lining fabric

used linen for the strap instead of cotton webbing
This bag is made from 2 mid-weight Italian Linens (navy and olive) and heavy weight fusible interfacing. The lining is Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements "Expedition" also with heavy weight fusible interfacing. I modified the interior of the bag to incorporate one zippered pocket instead of 2 open pockets. And made the bag strap from fabric instead of purchasing cotton webbing. The zippers are from Zippit and have large zipper pulls for ease of use. The pattern was well written, the magnetic snaps were easy to install and I must say, I am no longer fearful of rivets.

Sewing for my Remi
Merchant & Mills, The Top #64 Pattern in a  soft subtle striped flannel. Pattern edited to include french seaming along with the suggested top stitching.


really fun pocket construction.

back details with french seams, believe it or not, I did press the top before I gave it to her…...

French seam detail with added top-stitching
Fabric detail- subtle striping
2 patterns purchased this month and both patterns used and liked.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….