Saturday, August 30, 2014

August Blocks and other stuff

Two Bee Blocks in August, 4 quilts mailed to shows and 2 birthday celebrations and 1 great honor

Always Bee Learning pieced pineapple block for Elizabeth

HAVEN at do. good stitches August Block by Miss Print


The Birthday Bandy Swap August for Cinda (Sewbusy64 IG/Flickr) using the same pattern as the HAVEN block just in different colors.
Table runner in Cinda's favorite colors

block close up with quilting details

A 20th birthday gift for my son's oldest and best friend for his single dorm room. I mean you NEED big floor pillows, right?


I used IKEA decor weight fabric and contrasting zippers. Simple and functional. Stylish too, but boys in college don't think about that, do they???

Also in August: sent off my Open and Shut quilt to the AQS Quilt week- Chattanooga, TN Special Exhibit of the Bad Ass Quilters Society. And my Stitched quilt to AQS Quilt week in DesMoines, IA. My "Fade into Gray"  and "Colorado 4x4" quilts to the Modern Quilt Guild Special Exhibit for the International Quilt Show in Houston. I won't be able to attend Chattanooga or Des Moines, but if ANYONE reads this and goes, please take pictures for me. (Thank you).

Open and Shut

Stitched

Fade into Gray

Colorado 4x4
Lastly, but by no means the least, a quilt I made for a very dear friend. Some of you have read the post already, but if not, you can see it here.
Twenty Questions


And I received a quilt in return, titled "Costal Oddessy" which I love, thank you Whitney


I also picked up with teaching again, after a bit of a break from traveling and getting children back to school. Come visit me in Boulder at Fabricate if you want to take a class or just say hi.




4 comments:

  1. I hope to make it to Houston and see your quilts in person. The fade to glory is really so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful month. And all those shows will be so nice with your quilts in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilts,especially the quilting. The wavy lines are great. How do you get that look? I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Block looks fabuloso! Thank you so much for stitching it together.
    And I love love all your quilts--so inspiring. Have fun teaching!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….