Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 A year in Quilts

2014- 17- I don't think I can ever do this again…….


Snap shots of 17 quilts (fronts) finished in 2104. From left to right, top to bottom:  At the Crossroads (Pantone quilt challenge); Gypsy Sunshine (birthday gift for my mom); Colorado 4x4 (Colorful Colorado quilt challenge, 1st place and selected as part of the Modern Quilt Guild special exhibit at the International Quilt show, Houston; QuiltCon 2015, Austin TX,); Shues and Ladders (a baby quilt); Do you see what I see? (a wedding quilt for Robert and Kevin); Fade into Gray (college graduation quilt for Grayson Heppe, selected as part of the Modern Quilt Guild special exhibit at the International Quilt show, Houston; QuiltCon 2015, Austin, TX); One of these is not like the others (Always Bee learning Group Quilt); Twenty Questions, Derived Inspiration Quilt No.1 (for Whitney); Stitched ( Bad Ass Quilter's Society special exhibit, Des Moines); Outside the boxes (50th birthday quilt for Ruchi); Knock your socks off (Christmas quilt for my brother, Chris); 25 hugs and a kiss; All you need is LOVE (birthday quilt for Karoline); Read Between the lines (RJR Fabric challenge quilt, QuiltCon 2015); Serindipity; White Out (Christmas Quilt for Remington); Staggered (Picnic Quilt)

And because I believe that the backs are just as special, here are the pairings! (They follow the same layout as listed above)

 
 


 

 

         
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your quilts from this year are stunning, each one of them. It is a lot for one year, but I would not be surprised if you make as many this coming year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your backs are second fronts so by my calculation, double that count! They day it's the quality not quantity that matters and in this case you've got both. Last year I finished 23 quilts (some ufos) and have no desire to top that tally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so incredibly amazing. One in particular I know for a fact is one of the best gifts ever received! I can't wait to see the amazing things you'll create in 2015.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….