Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pillows swap

One of my quilting friends just moved to a new house and we are exchanging pillows. I have made her 2, one more "personal", and if you know anything about this lovely person you will know she likes birds.

Detail of the folded "rainbow" points secured with matching buttons. 

 Her blog is called from the Peacock Tree and Whitney is a funny, kind and generous person.

Pillow 2 is for her new family/living room and she said she liked Kate Spain's Fandango line of fabric. I don't have any fabric from that line in my stash, but looked at pictures on-line and tried to pull the colors from that line in her 2nd pillow. I box pleated the corners to go with the overall "plus" squares in the design. I also hand quilted the entire top- Whitney typical adds this detail into things she makes for others so I thought I'd give it a go as well.



 I sure hope she likes what I came up with.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    I'm sure Whitney will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both fab, love the detail on the peacocks one

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Those pillow are gorgeous! So in love with the peacock one! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love those rainbow points with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't know about her but i love them both

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are incredible in person and are loved so so much! Big hugs, Stephanie, and thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That peacock pillow is stunning! Love the rainbow accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are wonderful, but that peacock one is especially fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….