Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Table Top Swap- napkins with a twist



Who knew an 18" square could be so time consuming……
This is what I learned:
1. reversible napkins are nice, 2 looks for the space of one

2. no matter what, if you're using 100% cotton and 100% linen you will have to iron
3. I am not a matchy- matchy person, but it's nice if the set of napkins "go" together

4. I get into a project if I happen to like the same colors as my partner
5. wash and dryer-dry all your fabrics before you start your project, especially if you are using linen
6. napkins use more fabric than you think (especially if they are reversible)
7. use your imagination- even though they are napkins, you will see them every day!

Hope my partner likes these- they were made in her requested colors and some of my quirky inability to make the exact same thing twice. Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

  1. They look great, love the graduated effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your napkins and I agree with all your tips. Napkins of any size are a lot of work and fabric, and a lot to expect in a swap unless that is what you get back. I want to make some for me like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I wish I had the patience for quilting.. My gran and great gran both hand stitched such beautiful quilts..
    PS your comments section doesn't work for OpenID/ Wordpress. You might want to install Disqus so people without blogger/ Google accounts can comment and keep track of comment responses. It'll also check spam for you so you won't need the recaptcha word recognition thingy..

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….