Monday, January 24, 2011

The Block-a-palooza has begun

I have never done anything like this before. Given up creative control of a quilt. Quite heady if you ask me. I've decided to participate in the Block-a-palooza (see link on my blog) and create a quilt with a group of other bloggers. The hitch- I have no idea what the quilt will look like. 2 times a week, 2 different blocks are featured with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to construct the block. The bloggers are showcasing a new line of fabric, Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics, but I'm going with my own colors- no surprises there. I finished my first block today.
It's called Flying over the Fields and it's a variation on a traditional flying geese pattern. Everyone participating gets the opportunity to post their blocks (as they finish them) on Flickr and it's fun to see what others are doing. If you want to participate making the quilt,  just click on the Block-a-palooza link on my blog and follow along. If you just want to see what others are doing you can just click here. There is no rush, I understand the instructions for making the blocks will be available for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….