Friday, February 22, 2013

What you do after a hug and a kiss?

Bet that got your attention!
First I should kiss and tell. For Valentine's Day I made these 2 pillows for my daughter. I'm still using up some of the greens from my stash. Thought about calling these "Green with Envy", but they are just made with love.
Each pillow is a 20" square with a pieced "X" and "O".
The backs are both the same, black and white print with a zipper. Simple.
So, I decided to jazz it up with some free motion quilting.
I used Aurifil in green (in the green areas) and Aurifil in white on the sashing. Although the quilting is dense, it's still hard to see on the front, so, I thought you might like to see the muslin lining on the back of the quilted pillow face.
Back of "X" pillow. swirls and a flower in each triangular area

Back of "O" pillow with a center Mum and …..

….. swirly feathers and pebbles around the edges.

I really had fun trying some new FMQ on my regular sewing machine and I like the interior backs so much I just might try a whole cloth pillow some time.

BUT, that still begs the question….. what do you do after a hug and a kiss……………
well, I'll tell you, but you might have to wait a day or 2 for the answer.
XO

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Your quilting is amazing!!! I sure am impressed and love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Incredible. Such awesome pillows for a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see your quilting and the pillows are great. I am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….