Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hugs and a Kiss part 2

Now it's officially time to Kiss and tell…..
The way I constructed the Hugs and Kisses Valentines Pillows for my daughter, left me with the reverse fabrics, already cut. But I didn't have more pillows in mind.
Instead, a quilting tote, one I could load up with rulers and cutting mats, and even my iPad and take to my FRMQ Guild meetings.

So, meet my new sewing tote, constructed with Hugs and Kisses left overs

Front
It has all kinds of nice padded pockets on the back
back

divided pockets big enough for a ruler and my iPad

2 sets of outer divided pockets

a zippered top
The tote is big enough to carry a cutting board and various quilting tools, as well as a WIP or two (really who has just one WIP??).
There is a zippered inside pocket (that I neglected to photograph) that's good for keys, cell phone and my wallet.
I think I have now officially used up most of what I would consider my bright greens. It was fun working on the pillows and the tote and of course, my BIG green Emerald Pantone Challenge Quilt, which will be ready to share with all of you in a few days! Check back here for the big reveal.

1 comment:

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….