Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Table Top Swap- napkins with a twist
Who knew an 18" square could be so time consuming……
This is what I learned:
1. reversible napkins are nice, 2 looks for the space of one
2. no matter what, if you're using 100% cotton and 100% linen you will have to iron
3. I am not a matchy- matchy person, but it's nice if the set of napkins "go" together
4. I get into a project if I happen to like the same colors as my partner
5. wash and dryer-dry all your fabrics before you start your project, especially if you are using linen
6. napkins use more fabric than you think (especially if they are reversible)
7. use your imagination- even though they are napkins, you will see them every day!
Hope my partner likes these- they were made in her requested colors and some of my quirky inability to make the exact same thing twice. Bon Appetite!