Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fab Little pin cushion swap

The Fab Little Pin Cushion Swap is underway.
Here is the little pincushion I made for my{secret} partner
I used some scraps from The Modern She Made Swap, added a few new fabrics (solids), made a covered button and used as the base an antique pudding mold. Some contrasting hand stitching and a few cute pins. The bottom of the antique base is weighted so it will not tip over.
It's about 3 X 3" and is a perfect size to sit next to your machine or on your cutting table. It's bright and kind of wonky too (not all the pie shaped pieces are the same size). Partner I hope you like it 'cause it's ready to go into the mail along with a few other little goodies) as soon as we get the OK to send.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, love how you did the base

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right,it is Fab ;) It just sings spring! What a lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Can't believe I missed out on this swap! =D

    Also I've added some new fabrics into my swap shop. If you're interested feel free to check it out =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheraldines-swap-shop.html

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….