Monday, June 8, 2015

Mother, May I?


May as always, is busy, between several birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and end of the school year stuff there is rarely much time to do other things. But other things got done….

Quilty things:

Haven do.good stitches Modern blocks- we did our version of the Moda Modern Building blocks, and since I didn't have that specific pattern several free 12.5" blocks were suggested for our use. We could only use solids. I can't wait to see this quilt come together.
Golden Gate Block by Patchwork square

Capital T block by Janet Wickell
 Mother's Day: I made my mother/quilter and other friends these fun wrap bracelets. It's a free pattern that I modified to use vintage button closures instead of the hook and eye suggested. These are great scrap projects.


I also made a few curvey clutches by Pink Door Fabric. Also a free pattern. These also got gifted as graduation presents, although I forgot to take pictures of those.

The Curvy Clutch

Bee Sewcial: May was all about Marci and she had us listening and improv piecing with intention. Houses, Hills and Happy colors.

rotate 90 degrees to your right (clock wise)


I have also been working on a Denver Metro Modern Quilt Guild project, and trying to finish up a few quilts of my own.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of great stuff here. I love the golden gate block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Be Sewcial block, especially the use of colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many happy colors! that bag . . . swoon. May need to make one of those. I love my bracelet and in "my colors" no less. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….