Saturday, November 8, 2014

October, feels like fall

Lots of finishes in October. But not much to share, 'cause some of those quilts are Holiday gifts……
Here is what I can share:

Kenya Charity quilt through the Metro Denver Modern Quilt guild, 6, 8.5" string pieced blocks for a twin quilt. {My pathetic attempt at a photo before they went away}.

A few scrappy 9 patch blocks for the Front Range Modern Quilt guild baby quilts for our guild members. (I'm doing a great job of getting things out the door before photographing them this month).

Denver Quilt Guild, RJR Fabric Challenge Quilt (read about it here if you missed it).




Birthday Bandy swap for Raquel. I really enjoyed making these tote bags and using some really fun little fabric scraps.


Haven at Do.Good stitches- October paper pieced arrow blocks. This quilt is going to be beautiful and I can't wait to see it done.
there are 11 blocks because I had a paper piecing moment on one of them…..


Lastly, Halloween….. it almost snuck up on me….. I will be on a plane on Halloween but thought it would be fun to leave behind treats for my family while I was away. These cute little drawstring bags in fun Halloween fabrics seemed like just the thing. The pattern is by s.o.t.a.k handmade.
Zombie fabric and jars with "ghoulish" stuff in them….. bring on Halloween!
Fabrics by Riley Blake and Michael Miller

Beginning the Christmas crafting/sewing. I think this year, warm flannel pillow cases are on order. I'm not sure why I haven't gifted these before. Especially good for college students because we all know how much they wash their sheets!


And lastly, a fun trip to the International Quilt Festival in Houston TX. More to come on this later…. or just check out the photos on my IG feed @spontaneousthreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….