Monday, November 5, 2012

To Houston I did go…...

My entry photo, "Tail Wind"
I did it, I went to see my "Tail Wind" Quilt at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX. It was part of the Modern Quilt Guild exhibit and we made it a family affair.  It was only for a day, but it was so exciting to see it hanging among all the other fabulous modern quilts in the exhibit. I'm still pinching myself!

Here are some of the days highlights….. (well, at least of me).
Waiting in line to go into the show
The nice ladies manning the Modern Quilt Guild "desk"

The red carpet……..
My quilt was hung right with the Modern Quilt Guild Sign

Here I am…...still wondering how this all happened
                                             
My family came with me: (L-R)
Bridger, Robert, Lydia, Remi, Steve and me
Yup, loving every second!
                                     
Thanks to all of you who posted kind words while I was trying to navigate my mobile Facebook page and enjoy myself at the same time.


5 comments:

  1. You deserve every bit of happiness and attention! Your quilt is beautiful and so very well done. Congrats on being a part of that weekend! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool that you got to go see with your family! That is really special, you are now a quilt rock star :)congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were able to go and see it in person! I have seen pictures of your quilt on some other blogs too, it just looks wonderful in that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous quilt and a wonderful honour. I know that is a big quilt show.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….